Anne brings her experience to the mind-body setting to facilitate a shift in one’s perspective and body posture; to create changes both physically and emotionally to improve quality of life and achieving integrated sense of wellness
Somatic Bodywork aims at helping you move out of stressful situation, unease feeling of being stuck physically and emotionally so that you feel present, safe, creative and energetic in your body and life: “integrated”
Anne is a Registered Somatic Movement Educator, trained in Body-Mind Movement Education and Therapy at The Center for BodyMindMovement ( PA, USA) and a Somatic Experiencing® Practitioner the Somatic Experiencing Trauma Institute. and a Certified TRE® (Tension, Stress and Trauma Releasing Exercises) Provider.
- Somatic Movement Education and Therapy is the process of awakening awareness of the human body in its natural movement that feels good, to sense,feel and free the body as a subject perspective rather than being objectified.
- Somatic Experiencing®, restores resilience to the body’s responses to stress and trauma, so you can respond to life’s challenges with increased energy, motivation, clarity.
Somatic Experiencing® (SE), developed by Dr. Peter Levine , provides a holistic and brief strategy to achieve healing and resolution of trauma or emotional wounds. This method is founded on the research that although wild animals are often threatened, they rarely show signs of trauma as a result. These animals rely on inner resources that allow them to develop and maintain a level sense of being and productivity in the aftermath of a traumatic experience.
Somatic Bodywork supports people who may be experiencing:
- feeling stuck in a behavior pattern, lack of focus, or depression;
- stress, or related illness — fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, irritable bowel , gastric reflux disorder;
- anxiety or emotional overwhelm, panic attacks, difficulty sleeping;
- effects of trauma, or post-traumatic stress disorder;
- symptoms that can’t be explained with medical tests
- Increased energy, motivation, ease;
- increased self-sufficiency and self-resiliency
- enjoy more of life and relationships
- Managing challenges with greater clarity;
- Emerging sense of freedom in the breath;
- Reduced pain — even pleasure! — in moving;
- Connecting more readily with your inner resources.
“When your body feels better, your mind eases. You can feel like yourself again. Enjoy more of the things you love. The people you love. And along the way, you may discover your own vitality.”
– Suzanne Snijder van Wissenkerke, Owner, Integrative Bodywork, Claremont, California
In their experience:
“Thanks for all your lovely work and giving me a wider understanding of my body and my mind. there is a good feeling today and a quietness inside that knows now that things will be ok. Thanks for all your help, what a special person you are.”
~ U.T Yoga teacher, HK
“Anne has an excellent understanding of the relationship between the mind and the body. I felt very comfortable during the sessions and through her guidance, I was able to easily connect to parts of my body that have been in imbalance and restricted since childhood. My body feels more relaxed, open and whole.”
~ Dr. Cherisse Yang, Holistic Chiropractor- Founder of The White Hare, HK.
“I feel really good . The ‘bad side’ feel s so much more open, there’s a big feeling of space. A lot of cold keeps coming and going in the lower back, like some old stuff coming up and then warming up. All day I have felt like a new person, like a big spring-clean went down. You know I want to say thank you but it seems so inadequate! Thank you millions!”
~ Fiona B. Teacher, HK.