An Antidote to Hong Kong’s Fast-paced, Stressful Lifestyle
“Coming Home To Your Body – Somatic Movement Exploration Series”
Life in Hong Kong is fast-paced, stressful and sometimes overwhelming. How do you relax, slow down and return to ease and balance?
In this three-session Somatic Movement Exploration Series with Anne Cousin, you’ll learn how to:
- Come home to your body
- Connect with your body’s innate ability to find balance
- Be more present with yourself and others
- Access a place of ease and balance, no matter how noisy those Hong Kong taxi horns are!
Navigating your body’s early-oceanic pre-vertebrate patterns
- Find new ways to regenerate from a stressful environment
- Rediscover how to be present with yourself and others
- Find your way back to your centre through cellular breathing
- Explore your skin membrane and allow space and balance into your relationships
- Play with the concepts of action into rest and rest into action
Going with the flow, navigating into the fluids in your body
- Tune in to your blood flow and cranio-sacral fluid
- Harmonise the tone of your personality
- Explore flowing momentum, transitioning from giving to receiving
- Find the balance between an outer focus and an inner focus
Exploring the front and back spaces of your body
- Connect to the weight of your organs and your relationship to gravity and the earth
- Deepen your awareness of the support of your body fluids
- Support your transition from action to rest by tuning in to your pituitary and pineal glands
- Learn tools and techniques for more restorative sleep, better postural tone and increased self-awareness
To register today click here!
What: Coming Home to Your Body – The Somatic Movement Exploration Series with Anne Cousin
Series on Wednesday October 10, 17 and 24, 7pm-9pm
Series on Wednesday November 7, 14 and 21, 7pm-9pm
(these are three-session workshop – you need to attend all three sessions. If you need a make up class, contact us.)
Some basic knowledge of anatomy and physiology would be an advantage, but is not essential.
Introductory talks about Somatic Movement Education on Wednesday September 26 and Monday October 15, 7pm-8pm, at the White Lotus Centre. These free talks are open to all interested people, not just those who plan to attend a three-week workshop.
Where: White Lotus Centre, Room 2001, 20F, Car Po Commercial Building, 18-20 Lyndhurst Terrace, Central
Price: HK$2,400, or early-bird discount price HK$2,100 if you pay by September 24 ( for the October workshop) or October 24 ( for the November workshop) .
To know more:
Somatic Movement Education and workshops are suitable for teachers, practitioners and students of movement based disciplines (dance, theatre, gymnastics, yoga), practitioners of therapeutic modalities (massage, reflexology, acupuncture, physiotherapy) and anyone interested in the body-mind relationship and improving self-connectedness.
Hi Anne! At your workshop, I had a such wonderful experience and was amazed to realize about my body & mind through your work.
Because of raising my little daughter, I always have very stift neck and shoulders. And it was such a long time I did not have so much relaxed feeling during and after your workshop. I wish I can practice more in daily life though…
I am looking forward to taking your workshop very soon.
Thank you for sharing your great work.
Thank you so much for your workshop last night.
So nurturing, nourishing and self-loving. Such good medicine.
I really appreciate your guiding self, the way you led and also allowed us to lead ourselves. I felt no expectation from you beyond the structure you created softly and lovingly, and that allowed me my self-exploration in safety. Thankyou!
– Karina Bergen-Voigt